Wednesday, February 20, 2008

ties and slings

so i've now made the transition to an office position. i am extremely happy not to be working fucked up hours and actually sleeping in an hour or so later than what was typical before. in case you didnt know, i love sleeping.

as a result of this move i have to speak in an indoor voice and wear ties on a daily basis. therefore i had to go buy some. those who know me well may never have seen me in a tie, and if they have it hasnt been frequent. so i went to the local discount shops on the way home and bought me some snazzy discounted new clothes. heres the silly part, everyone has their own clothing line. i bought a donald trump tie and a sean john shirt. there are no logos on them, i just liked them, but, its still odd. the tie im wearing now is pretty rad. its blue and pink and has stripes and paisley(it says steve harvey collection, and i have no clue who that is... that comedian guy???). it sounds horrendous as i type it, but ive gotten a number of compliments, including from the vice president. yep, so im hot. all dressed up. just call me dapper dan. i dont even have paint on my pants or anything.

an additional accesory is the sling i was given for my shoulder. a little chunk-o-bone came off a few weeks ago and its supposed to help it heal, but it makes my neck hurt and life in general a bit more cumbersome. anyway, ive been doing PT for the injury, and holy shit, it works. ive done one session and some exercises they gave me on my own, and it really feels better. i thought all the PT and chiropractor shit was wack ass o-give. but i have to say thus far it makes me feel better.

so assuming this chip stays put and doesnt wander off where it doesnt belong, i will be pain free in a few weeks, and then back to normal in a month or two. if it doesnt heal, or moves, then i go under the knife, and who the fuck knows at that point. so i guess wish me luck.

1 comment:

Display Name said...

dan-o! you should update this daily for sure. i need something to keep me entertained during my work day.

-inna